Saturday, September 02, 2006

Loving Life at the Moment

I'm sitting here sipping on a fine cocktail and contemplating how much I love my hubby. He made me a Satan's Whiskers, which is mighty tasty! He's also making meat loaf with scalloped potatoes and green beans for dinner. Mmmm! Great food for a cold, wet, rainy day. We both love to cook, so dinner around here is never boring. Having herb and vegetable gardens out back helps - fresh ingredients are awesome! My sister, bro-in-law, niece and nephew are coming over for dinner tomorrow. I was going to make grill roasted leg of lamb with rice pilaf and grilled tomatoes & eggplant with strawberry pavlova for dessert, but everyone other than my sis is a snouse*, so that's out. Instead, we're going to have lasagna with a green salad, and spumoni ice cream for dessert. Still mighty tasty, and actually a little easier to make. Damn, dinner is smelling good! Did I mention how much I love my hubby?

* Snouse: a Pennsylvania Dutch term for a picky eater. The hubby is from Lancaster, PA, the heart of Amish country. I've been picking up the lingo from him.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

Hi Guys,

Have I mentioned that I love my hubby yet?? We actually have a date night tonight at the cabin so we'll stay warm and dry regardless of the weather. Just unknown if we can leave one cabin to date at the other. We'll see who tempts whom with what. :)

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Aww, what a great hubby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home