Saturday, September 02, 2006

Loving Life at the Moment

I'm sitting here sipping on a fine cocktail and contemplating how much I love my hubby. He made me a Satan's Whiskers, which is mighty tasty! He's also making meat loaf with scalloped potatoes and green beans for dinner. Mmmm! Great food for a cold, wet, rainy day. We both love to cook, so dinner around here is never boring. Having herb and vegetable gardens out back helps - fresh ingredients are awesome! My sister, bro-in-law, niece and nephew are coming over for dinner tomorrow. I was going to make grill roasted leg of lamb with rice pilaf and grilled tomatoes & eggplant with strawberry pavlova for dessert, but everyone other than my sis is a snouse*, so that's out. Instead, we're going to have lasagna with a green salad, and spumoni ice cream for dessert. Still mighty tasty, and actually a little easier to make. Damn, dinner is smelling good! Did I mention how much I love my hubby?

* Snouse: a Pennsylvania Dutch term for a picky eater. The hubby is from Lancaster, PA, the heart of Amish country. I've been picking up the lingo from him.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Aww, what a great hubby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home