Sunday, April 08, 2007

Superthunderstingcar!

OK, I'm a child of the 60s, so I grew up with the fine TV programming of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. For those of you too young to remember, the Andersons did a series of sci-fi kid shows using puppets, or as they called it, filmed in SuperMarionation. The first one that I remember was Fireball XL5, which was first on U.S. TV when I was 4 years old. Then there was Supercar, followed by Stingray in the mid 60s. Thunderbirds arrived in '67, followed by Captain Scarlet in '68 or '69. Then came the later shows with real actors: UFO in '70, and Space: 1999 in '75. It's been many years since I've seen any of those shows. I got to see some of the opening sequences of the old shows on You Tube, and couldn't believe how cheesey they were. I guess I could be forgiven liking them when I was very young, and the shows did mature pretty much as I did. Which brings me to this gem I found on Boing Boing this morning: Superthunderstingcar!


The hilarious thing is just how dead on this spoof was. My parents have both passed on, but if they were here now, I would give them both a great big apology for making them sit through this dren. Enjoy the video, if you dare!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home