Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gay Bar Drinks

The hubby and I went out for dinner tonight, and I ordered a gin and tonic for my cocktail. Jeff sensibly got a beer. When the drinks arrived, I took one sip, and said, "where did they get the gay bartender?" Not because there was a frilly parasol and fruit in the drink, but because it was overpoweringly strong. I don't know what it is about gay bars, but they just can't serve a mixed drink without making it a double. Or a triple. I've had the same bad drinks in New York, Philly, Seattle, and Ft. Lauderdale (perhaps the worst of the bunch). Once at the Raven, a gay bar in New Hope PA, I asked for a cape codder, and make it a double on the cranberry juice. I got the usual ridiculous drink, and a small glass of cranberry juice on the side. Sheesh! The only safe drink in a gay bar is beer or wine - something where the bartender doesn't get a chance to screw it up. Seriously, if I want a martini or a cosmopolitan, I'll ask for one. When I ask for a cape codder, it should be red, not pale pink. Just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home