Friday, February 02, 2007

Aqua Teen Hunger Farce

I don't know if everyone has been following the great Aqua Teen Hunger Force debacle in Boston. For those of you who don't know, ATHF is a bizarrely surreal cartoon on Adult Swim, the evening adult part of the Cartoon Network's programming. The short version is that there was a guerrilla marketing campaign launched a couple weeks ago to promote the upcoming ATHF movie, and in Boston, they discovered the black battery powered ad thingies which looked like mini Lite-Brites. I saw a post linked off of BoingBoing, and was really amused by another video post I found there. Enjoy!


To date, this post on the Huffington Post the most level-headed post I've read about the incident: Another Reminder, They've Won. Meanwhile, while I sometimes watch ATHF, guilty pleasures being what they are, I'm much more entertained by Morel Orel and The Venture Brothers. Thank God for ReplayTV - those shows are on late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home